Church of God

 

In February, 1875, the Church of God was organized at Potter’s Station, with 10 constituent members. Rev. John Parker was the first Pastor; L. Bowman, Elder, Elam Disler, Deacon. In the spring of 1876, they built a house of worship 40 x 52 feet at a cost of $1, 360. It was dedicated May 12, 1876, by Rev. Mrs. McCauley, and christened “Ari Chapel”. There were 15 members present in 1876. Rev. Ober was the Pastor; Elam Disler, and L. Bowman, Deacon. Mr. Bowman was also Superintendent of the Sunday school, which has an enrollment of 50 scholars